Full-Time Simulation Specialist
The Marist College PA program seeks a Simulation Specialist to provide support to the School of Science’s educational programming in the simulation suite. Duties include regularly meeting with the program director to develop, plan and implement activities and exams in the simulation suite (e.g., Objective Structured Clinical Exam labs, manikin interactions, and didactic labs). In addition, the Simulation Specialist oversees and manages all equipment and supplies associated with the labs, as well as facilitating the scheduling, training, and assessment of standardized patients. The Simulation Specialist will work with faculty to develop exam flow and oversee skills lab preparation, setup and tear down. They will also support campus activities such as simulation suite viewing during campus tours, Open House, and Homecoming as well as provide backup support in maintaining the anatomy lab.
This is a full-time, 12-month position that will report to the Program Director and will work closely with students and program faculty and staff.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of digital audio/visual technology
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems, wired and wireless networks, and databases
- Strong interpersonal skills including good oral and written communication abilities
- Knowledge of or strong ability to learn patient simulation education, technologies, and application.
- Video processing and editing experience
- Assist and support PA faculty in daily programmatic operations
- Develop exam flow and scheduling with respective course directors
- Meet the daily needs to deliver educational programming in the labs
- Schedule, document, communication record keeping, data management and reporting
- Management of simulation suite (exam rooms, trauma suite) technical design and support for all simulation operations, including
- Skills lab preparation, setup, tear down
- Maintain labs and equipment in a state of readiness
- Supplies & budget issues
- Coordination with various campus programs (e.g., Athletic training, Media Arts, Physical Therapy, etc.
- Coordinate and support technology needs of the various allied health programs
- Training, maintenance, troubleshooting/repair of computerized manikins
- Manage integration of related multimedia peripherals
- Maintain data security and confidentiality in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local guidelines
- Develop, organize and implement standardized patient (SPs) program
- Facilitate scheduling, teaching and assessing of standardized patients (SPs)
- Monitor SP in real time and provide immediate feedback as appropriate
- Review videos of SP/student encounters and provide feedback to SP as appropriate
- Maintain SP database
- Other duties as assigned.
- Coordination with external parties (e.g., vendors, advisory board, healthcare providers)
- Support campus activities (e.g., PA space tours, Open house, Homecoming, etc.)
- Provide back up support in maintaining anatomy lab
Doctoral degree in an area pertinent to PA education.
Located on the banks of the historic Hudson River, on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan, and at its Florence, Italy campus, Marist College is a comprehensive, independent institution grounded in the liberal arts. Its mission is to “help students develop the intellect, character, and skills required for enlightened, ethical, and productive lives in the global community of the 21st century.” Marist is consistently recognized for excellence by The Princeton Review (Colleges That Create Futures and The Best 385 Colleges), U.S. News & World Report (10th Best Regional University/North, 5th Most Innovative School/North), Kiplinger’s Personal Finance (“Best College Values”), and others. The College is top-ranked for long-term study abroad (#4 in the U.S.) by the U.S. State Department’s Open Doors report. Marist educates more than 5,000 traditional-age undergraduate students and 1,400 adult and graduate students in 47 undergraduate majors and numerous graduate programs, including fully online MBA, MPA, MS, and MA degrees, and also Doctor of Physical Therapy and Physician Assistant programs. www.marist.edu