Full-Time Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant – BAART Turk St. Clinic
BAART Programs is a leader in providing substance abuse treatment programs and primary care to people in need throughout the State of California, Vermont, Nebraska, Arizona and North Carolina.
We are currently seeking a regular full-time Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA) for ourTurk Street Clinic in downtown San Francisco. This position will be responsible for the Family Addiction Center for Education and Treatment (FACET) program at the clinic, and work with pregnant and post-par-tum women.
Full-time equivalent annualized salary for the Nurse Practitioner position will be $91,670 or more, depending on experience.
Full-time equivalent annualized salary for the Physician Assistant position will be $89,000 or more, depending on experience.
– Provides medical services including taking a history and physical examination for both the primary care program and the narcotic replacement therapy program, and performs appropriate follow-up on patients’ medical issues as indicated.
– May write drug orders or written transmittal orders and call for refills under the supervision of the Medical Director. May also dispense narcotic treatment therapies as needed in place of dispensing nurses.
– Educates patients regarding how to take prescribed medication and possible side effects.
– Provides health counseling services under the supervision of the MD and follows the progress of patients. Makes appropriate records of findings during examinations and submits charts to MD for signature.
– Must be a Licensed Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in good standing with the State of California
– Must be able to interact compassionately with a diverse population
– Drug rehabilitation training/knowledge is helpful
– Previous substance abuse treatment and/or primary care experience strongly preferred
– Knowledge of women’s health issues strongly preferred.
BAART Programs’ mission is to provide people with cost-effective, comprehensive substance abuse treatment and other health care services at its clinics or through community linkages, and to make such services available to as many people as possible who seek them. By doing so, BAART Programs can foster the health, happiness, longevity, and self-reliant, responsible behavior of those individuals, help them recover from substance abuse, and benefit our communities.
What We Offer:
– Health insurance which includes medical, dental, and life insurance
– Paid time off, which includes major holidays, birthday holiday, vacation, and sick time
– Paid lunch hour (one full hour)
– 401(k) Plan and Commuter Check Program
– Early work hours and a business casual work environment
We value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.