Full-Time Emergency Medicine Physician Assistants Needed – Fort Bragg, North Carolina
Emergency Medicine Physician Assistant needed at Womack Army Medical Center (WAMC), Ft. Bragg, NC to provide medical services of immediate evaluation, and management of routine, urgent, and emergent needs for eligible beneficiaries of the military health care system.
- Maintain Active, Valid, Unrestricted Physician Assistant License from any of the 50 states, District of Columbia, or U.S. Territory or Jurisdiction.
- Maintain DEA License
- Be a graduate from an educational program accredited by Committee of Allied Health Education on behalf of the American Medical Association. Be a graduate Physician Assistant qualified to provide patient services as a physician extender under supervision of a physician
- Maintain BCLS & ACLS from the American Heart Association
- Have a minimum of 1 year Emergency Medicine Experience, with 2 years of Primary Care Experience treating patients of all ages for routine, urgent and emergent diseases and injuries. Last work assignment experience in Primary Care, Urgent Care or Emergency Care must be within the last 12 months.
- Be able to read, write, and speak English to effectively communicate with patients and other health care providers.
- U.S. Citizenship required to provide services within Ft. Bragg in support of Womack Army Medical Center (WAMC).
- All shifts are split among all the PAs; normally, PAs are either straight nights or straight days. Rotations are welcomed, shifts are usually 12hrs, 7a-7p, 10a-10p, 11a-11p, 2p-2a, 7p-7a; PAs can request all 7p(nights), otherwise PAs work rotating shifts (generally 5-7 night/7p shifts per month). Facility is open 24-7, schedules vary based on department needs.