Full-Time UPMC Pinnacle Neurosurgery PA-C – Harrisburg, PA
OPPORTUNITY: UPMC Pinnacle Neurosurgery PA-C – Harrisburg, PA
UPMC Pinnacle is seeking a full-time Neurosurgical Physician Assistant to join our growing Neurosurgery Program and play an integral role in helping to provide high-quality, compassionate care to patients in our community.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
- Provide medical and surgical care to neurosurgery patients under the direction of the Chief of Advanced Practice Provider and supervising physician(s)
- Diagnose and treat according to established standards of practice, including any specific protocols adopted by UPMC Pinnacle to guide medical care
- Promote excellent patient care by working collaboratively to identify, track, and improve quality metrics; maximize workflow efficiencies; and improve patient satisfaction
- Must be a graduate of an AMA approved Physician Assistant Training Program and be Board Certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.
- Current registration with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Bureau of Professional and Occupational Affairs with an Unrestricted License.
- Practice Agreement with State Board of Medicine or Osteopathic Medicine.
- Two years of neurosurgical experience or three years of PA-C experience in another surgical specialty
- Prior experience with evaluation and treatment of patients with neurological disorders
- BLS certification required. ACLS certification preferred.
- Health, life, and disability insurance
- Medical malpractice insurance
- Defined contribution plan; 403(b) plan with employer match
- Professional dues and CME allowance
For the latest information on physician opportunities at UPMC Pinnacle, please contact Wayne Saxton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 814-590-9440.
About South Central Pennsylvania
- Features both rural and suburban living and boasts an abundance of sports, arts, cultural events, and entertainment. Close to historically significant areas such as Gettysburg and world-famous Hersheypark and Hershey’s Chocolate World.
- Offers top-rated public schools, blue-ribbon private schools, and some of Pennsylvania’s top colleges and universities. Area school districts are consistently ranked in the top 20 percent of Pennsylvania. With affordable homes — a composite cost of living index of 99.7, compared to 126.5 in Philadelphia — it’s a great place to grow a career and family
- Listed among Forbes.com “America’s Most Livable Cities,” and ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Cities to Live.” We are a two to three hour drive away from New York City, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.
About UPMC Pinnacle
UPMC Pinnacle is a nationally recognized leader in providing high-quality, patient-centered health care services in central Pennsylvania and surrounding rural communities. The not-for-profit system cares for more than 1.2 million area residents yearly, providing life-saving emergency care, essential primary care, and leading-edge diagnostic services. The UPMC Pinnacle health system includes seven acute care hospitals with 1,161 licensed beds, over 160 outpatient clinics and ancillary facilities, more than 2,900 physicians and allied health professionals, and approximately 11,000 employees. It is a health care hub serving Dauphin, Cumberland, Perry, York, Lancaster, Lebanon, Juniata, Franklin, Adams, and parts of Snyder counties.