Full-Time Surgical PA or NP
Join a group of 8 Neurosurgeons in an exciting, diverse, private practice serving the Denver Metro Area.
Job duties include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting the supervising physician in the inpatient setting by conducting patient rounds, participating in the operating room, writing progress notes, determining and implementing therapeutic plans, and compiling narrative case summaries.
- Assisting supervising surgeon in surgical cases.
- Obtaining and interpreting routine diagnostic studies such as labs, CT, MRI and plain films as well as myelograms.
- Formulating an initial diagnosis and differential diagnoses and instituting appropriate treatment including writing outpatient prescriptions and inpatient orders.
- Eliciting a detailed and accurate history, performing a comprehensive physical examination, identifying medical problems, and recording pertinent data in a professional manner.
- Performing diagnostic and therapeutic procedures such as injections, suturing, wound care and incision and drainage of superficial infections, and trigger injections.
- Neurosurgical procedures and task assigned and supervised by the supervising physician.
- Performing other duties as requested by supervising physician.
- The candidate must live within the Denver Metro area or be willing to relocate.
- Required skills: Great bed-side manner and dedication to great patient care
- Spine/Neuro/General Surgery: 1 year
- Will train the right personality