Full-Time Physician Assistant Program Director
Physician Assistant Program Director
Marist College is seeking a highly qualified individual to direct the Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies Program in the School of Science. The Program Director will serve as the academic and administrative lead for the PA program and oversee a dedicated state-of-the-art PA facility. The Program Director will complement an existing team that includes a Medical Director, principal faculty, a Clinical Coordinator, and a Director of the Gross Anatomy lab. The successful candidate will join a team that is establishing a strong, successful Physician Assistant Program, which recently achieved a 100% PANCE pass rate for its first graduating cohort. The program has been granted Accreditation-Continued Status with its next review due in March 2030.
The Program Director will be responsible for: overseeing accreditation and ongoing assessment of the program, overseeing curriculum, scheduling and staffing courses, managing program faculty and staff, supporting faculty development, leading the administrative work of the program, and contributing to the teaching and clinical mission of the program. The Program Director will have demonstrated teaching, clinical and management experience in a higher education setting; effective project management skills, excellent communication and collaborative skills; and significant experience with the ARC-PA accreditation process and standards. The Program Director will have a long-term vision for the PA program and the ability to achieve that vision. This is a full-time, 12-month position non-tenure track faculty position that will report to the Dean of the School of Science and will work closely with students, program faculty and staff. Salary and rank for the position is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The program is housed in a new facility appointed with state-of-the-art teaching spaces including a simulation suite and traditional gross anatomy lab. The College is situated on the banks of the Hudson River. This picturesque Hudson Valley region has much to offer given its proximity to NYC, Boston, and Montreal. Access to the Adirondacks, Catskills, and Berkshire mountains provide four-season recreation, arts, and entertainment.
We are seeking a physician assistant or physician to fill this position. The successful candidate will have teaching and clinical experience in a higher education setting, demonstrate effective communication and collaborative skills in a team-oriented environment, and a history of successful time management.
Candidates must have the following:
- Applicant must be either an NCCPA-certified PA or board-certified MD or DO
- Physician applicants must be currently licensed or eligible for licensure in the state of New York and obtain a New York state license within one year
- Documented academic PA program teaching experience as a principal program faculty with didactic and clinical teaching experience
- The program director must be knowledgeable about and responsible for program organization, administration, fiscal management, continuous review and analysis, planning, development and participation in the ARC-PA accreditation process
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Support the College and program missions
- Oversee ongoing program assessment to improve student learning and assess overall program effectiveness
- Ensure compliance with ARC-PA standards and process that lead to continued accreditation
- Exercise general administrative authority and responsibility for all aspects of the program
- Recruit and supervise faculty and professional staff and provide professional development
- Administer the teaching and advising of the department
- Manage the program budget
- Coordinate programmatic service responsibilities including admissions
- Teach didactic and clinical courses (20% faculty workload and 80% administrative workload)
- Participate in release-time to maintain clinical expertise
- Oversee interprofessional activities and education within the program, College, and outside the institution
- Populate the external advisory board and coordinate program interactions with the board
A minimum of three years combined clinical and teaching experience in higher education as a PA or MD
Located on the banks of the historic Hudson River, on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan, and at its Florence, Italy campus, Marist College is a comprehensive, independent institution grounded in the liberal arts. Its mission is to “help students develop the intellect, character, and skills required for enlightened, ethical, and productive lives in the global community of the 21st century.” Marist is consistently recognized for excellence by The Princeton Review (Colleges That Create Futures and The Best 385 Colleges), U.S. News & World Report (10th Best Regional University/North, 5th Most Innovative School/North), Kiplinger’s Personal Finance (“Best College Values”), and others. The College is top-ranked for long-term study abroad (#4 in the U.S.) by the U.S. State Department’s Open Doors report. Marist educates more than 5,000 traditional-age undergraduate students and 1,400 adult and graduate students in 47 undergraduate majors and numerous graduate programs, including fully online MBA, MPA, MS, and MA degrees, and also Doctor of Physical Therapy and Physician Assistant programs. To learn more, please visit https://www.marist.edu/about
To learn more or to apply, please visit https://www.marist.edu/careers. Only online applications are accepted.
Marist College is strongly committed to the principle of diversity and is especially interested in receiving applications from members of ethnic and racial minority groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and persons from other under-represented groups.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER