Full-Time Physician Assistant – Brunswick Georgia
We are seeking a forward thinking Physician Assistant to join our growing, interventional pain practice in Glynn County Georgia. Glynn Countys coastal location is a recreational haven for residents and visitors alike. The county features award-winning golf courses, some of the besting fishing on the East Coast, as well as beautiful beaches on the four coastal islands. In addition to the natural beauty that makes the Golden Isles a favorite destination of tourists worldwide, there is a thriving and diverse community that includes a four-year college, outstanding medical facilities, an active port, and the highly acclaimed Federal Law Enforcement Training Center.
Physician Assistant performs the following essential responsibilities:
* In collaboration with a preceptor physician, manages acute and chronic care of patients presenting for treatment and diagnosis for pain
* Directs patient care by performing a patient assessment, review of systems and physical examination
* Utilizes the data obtained to develop a plan of care to include patient and family education, proper referrals, and evaluating the effectiveness of care, accomplished in conjunction with the health care team and supported by the appropriate documentation for compliance with regulatory standards
* Recommends/dispenses appropriate pharmacologic agents and treatments under the terms of the protocol agreement with the preceptor physician
* Orders appropriate diagnostic and laboratory tests
* Contacts patient if any discrepancies occur to discuss appropriate treatment alternatives
* Collaborates with other health care providers as the patient health needs dictate, consults and reviews cases with physicians and other health care providers
* Refers patients to other physicians/specialist for continued care as the patients needs indicate
* Reviews patient records and completes peer review and other chart reviews as requested
* Utilizes appropriate E&M coding guidelines for clinic billing
* Knowledge and understanding of interventional pain procedures and when to refer to the physician for these types of procedures.
*Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
The ideal Physician Assistant candidate should possess the following minimum qualifications:
Licensure – Current Georgia Physician Assistant License & certified by the Composite State Board of Medical Examiners required
Experience – Minimum of one (1) year experience as a Physician Assistant in a private practice setting – preferably a Pain, Spine or Orthopedic practice.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
* Demonstrates effective assessment skills, critical thinking skills, problem solving ability and ability to write independently
* Diagnosis and treatment of various illnesses and conditions seen in this specialty’s practice setting
* Performance of minor surgical procedures such as trigger point injections
* BLS/ACLS certification required
* Knowledge of legal and ethical standards for the delivery of medical care
* Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
* Must be credentialed per facility policies and procedures
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package that includes Health, Dental, 401(k), Paid Vacation, malpractice coverage, CME allowance as well as excellent professional growth potential!