- Kennewick, Washington, United States
- Job category: Orthopedic Surgery
- Post date:21 Oct 2019
- Share job:
Our busy orthopaedic clinic is looking for a Physician Assistant who will be responsible for delivering medical and surgical care alongside our physicians who oversee their work and provide medical supervision. The Physician Assistant will provide diagnostic evaluations, therapeutic remediation, surgical assistance and pharmaceutical prescription.
- Promotes and maintains patient health by providing medical services under the supervision of a physician.
- Contributes to a physician’s efficiency by identifying short-term and long-range patient care issues.
- Recommends options and courses of action for patient care.
- Implements physician directives.
- Assesses patient health by interviewing patients and performing physical examination including obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories.
- Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests, such as X-rays and laboratory studies and interpreting test results.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Performs therapeutic procedures by administering injections and managing wounds and infections.
- Instructs and counsels patients by providing normal growth and development information and providing counseling on emotional problems of daily living.
- Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient-management plans.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols. Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; and enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant (PA) program
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner (NP) program
- Washington State License appropriate for credential (ie PA or NP)
- CPR Certification
How to ApplyPlease email resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this Job
- No Tags