Part-Time Physician Assistant
Full or Part Time
Houston MRI – Administration, Houston, TX, US
Salary Range: $35 – $50 per hour
• An outpatient medical imaging company seeks Physician Assistants for 4 locations throughout Houston and the surrounding areas.
• Licensure as a Texas Physician Assistant is required.
We are hiring for Full Time, Part Time & PRN positions.
Shifts Available 8 hrs.
• Candidates must possess experience with IV access & effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Professional team work with a POSITIVE ATTITUDE is a must.
• Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Patient initial encounter, confirm paperwork, brief history related to the modality and the anatomical area being examined with computer entry. Injection of contrast agents for CT or MRI. Prescribe oral sedation (liquid or tablet). Premedication prescription for potential CT iodine reactions. Manage, treat and triage reactions.
• Physician Assistant: 1 year
JOB TITLE: Physician Assistant
EMPLOYER: Houston MRI® & Diagnostic Imaging
REPORTS TO: Medical Director
SUMMARY: Performs and records intakes on patients receiving contrast for imaging studies, administers contrast for imaging studies, monitors and/or treats patients after administration of contrast for imaging studies as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Obey all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
• Adhere to all protocols and direction from the site and/or company Medical Director.
• Have a current DEA license.
• Perform clinical duties according to industry standards.
• Perform IV’s and set up the power injector in the CT department.
• Perform IV’s and contrast injections in the MRI department
• Welcome and escort patients to and from the dressing rooms, explain procedures and answer patient questions.
• Perform initial encounter, confirm paperwork, take brief history and input into computer.
• Assist CT and MRI Techs with patient positioning in the exam rooms as needed.
• Monitor patients during the procedures.
• Prescribe pre-medications for potential CT iodine reactions in case of a reaction to contrast. Prescribe oral sedation (liquid or tablet) as and when needed.
• Properly screen patients or anyone going in to the MRI Room (MRI environment, magnetic field).
• Practice infectious control procedures and ensure overall safety practices at all times.
• Track, and maintain contrast related medical supplies. Report approaching expiration dates, and the need to order supplies, etc.
• Stock and maintain linens properly.
• Keep up with and ensure own work schedule.
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
• Perform other duties as assigned including administrative backup and support.
• Forbidden from interpreting and issuing radiology reports (verbal, preliminary or final).
• Currently holds an unencumbered Texas license as a Physician Assistant.
• Maintain appropriate levels of medical malpractice insurance.
• Must be enrolled in Medicare and have a valid NPI number.
• Clinically competency.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
• Demonstrated competence in reacting to and handling emergencies.
• Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Patient Intakes—Proper and efficient performance of patient intakes with proper and efficient documentation of intake information. Identify any contraindications to contrast studies.
• IV Procedures—Safe, efficient and effective placement of IVs for the contrast injection for imaging procedures on all age groups. Ability to clinically treat any complications from IV placement.
• Contrast Injection—Proper and accurate calculation of contrast dosage according to established protocols. Safe and proper injection of contrast according to established protocols.
• Patient Monitoring—Assists in patient positioning in the exam rooms and monitors patients during imaging procedures and after conclusion of imaging procedures.
• Treatment for Contrast Reactions—Assess patients for any contrast related reactions and initiate and perform appropriate medical interventional procedures.
• Patient Care—Evaluate and treat any personnel/patients on the facility grounds for any emergency situations.
• ACLS—Current ACLS certification or equivalent training.
• Medication Management: Proper pre-medication selection and post reaction medication management.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Frequently required to stand
• Frequently required to walk
• Frequently required to sit
• Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
• Continually required to talk or hear
• Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard
• Occasionally required to lift/push/carry items less than 25 pounds/ up to 25 pounds/ up to 50 pounds/ more than 50 pounds
• Must have dependable transportation and the ability to travel.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.