Full-Time Physician Assistant – Tucson, AZ
PRACTICE OPPORTUNITY: TUCSON, AZ
SEEKING A PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT
Because of a rising demand in the Tucson community Arizona Institute of Urology is seeking a Physician Assistant.
AIU is seeking a candidate with excellent interpersonal, diagnostic, and clinical skills to join a team of well-trained clinicians actively involved in the community.
General Summary: An exempt position responsible for practicing medicine with physician supervision including conducting examinations and writing prescriptions. Within physicianphysician assistant (PA) relationship, PAs exercise autonomy in medical decision making and provide a broad range of diagnostic and therapeutic services.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Conducts physical exams, assesses health status, orders and interprets tests, prescribes medications, and treats illnesses including giving injections and suturing wounds. Consults with physicians as needed and refers to physicians for more complicated medical cases or cases that are not a routine part of a PAs scope of work.
- Monitors therapies and provides continuity of care.
- Triages patient calls and evaluates patient problems. Responds to emergencies including use of CPR.
- Counsels patient/family on preventive health care.
- Documents patient information and care in medical record and may maintain department statistical database for research purposes.
Education: Bachelors degree and successful completion of accredited physician assistant program.
Experience: Four years of health care experience prior to applying to PA program, plus two years of experience as PA, preferably in clinic setting.
Other Requirements: National certification from the National Commission on Certification of PAs. To maintain their national certification, PAs must log 100 hours of continuing medical education every two years and sit for a recertification every six years. State PA license also required. Current CPR certificate required.
- Knowledge of medical model and roles of physicians and physician assistants. Familiar with anatomy, pharmacology, pathophysiology, clinical medicine, and physical diagnosis.
- Knowledge of patient assessment techniques including taking medical histories, performing physicals, evaluating health status including state of wellness, and compliance with care recommendations.
- Knowledge of diagnosing and treating medical problems and developing care plans.
- Knowledge of documentation in medical records in confidential manner.
- Skill in gathering and analyzing physiological, socioeconomic, and emotional patient data.
- Skill in accurately evaluating patient problems in person or via phone and providing appropriate advice, intervention, or referral.
- Skill in developing/revising patient care plan based on patient status.
- Ability to make responsible decisions within scope of PA practice.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with physicians on complicated cases.
- Ability to educate patients, families, and staff in user-friendly manner.
- Ability to demonstrate eyehand coordination, full range of motion, and manual dexterity.
Arizona Institute of Urology, PLLC is comprised of eight board certified urologists with two PAs practicing in five clinical locations in Tucson and Green Valley.
The group is a multispecialty group including radiation oncology and pathology.
AIU is a leader in urological cancer care. The practice has a state of the art comprehensive cancer center including Varian RapidArc technology.
Tucson metropolitan area exceeds one million in population. The largest employer in the area is Raytheon. Tucson is surrounded by four mountain ranges and provides the opportunity for an active outdoor lifestyle with 360 days of sunshine yearly.
Please visit our web site at www.aiurology.com