Full-Time Orthopedic Physician Assistant
McLean County Orthopedics is seeking an Orthopedic Physician Assistant to provide primary health care and perform selective medical services under the direction of practice physicians. Come join a remarkable team, where quality care meets quality service, where we work together to deliver outstanding patient experiences.
Education: Masters degree required. Graduate of an NCCPA accredited physician assistant program required.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a physician practice, which surgery experience.
Licensure/certification/registration: PA license to work in Illinois required. NCCPA certification required. Current DEA registration.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Assess patients by obtaining health history.
· Orders/performs appropriate laboratory diagnostic and other screening tests.
· Integrates data to determine diagnosis and therapeutic plan.
· Develops and implements treatment plan by prescribing/dispensing medications and/or injections in compliance with practice guidelines and state laws.
· Handles incision care.
· Instructs patients and family members regarding medications and treatments.
· Communicates case management information to other professionals and community agencies.
· Prepares documentation for medical records.
· Acts as consult/collaborator to clinical team in area of specialty.
· Collaborates with physicians in managing patient care.
· Assists with surgery procedures.
· Manages/responds to internal communications
· Responds to patient cases and inquiries thru portal.
· Performs other duties as assigned.