Full-Time Licensed Practical Nurse
Family Guidance Centers, Inc. (FGC), a not-for-profit behavioral healthcare organization treats and prevents substance abuse, as well as an array of other related problems is currently seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse with some experience with drug treatment as well as clinical experience. Family Guidance Centers Inc. offers opportunities for individuals with an interest in behavioral health. Our organization provides a comprehensive benefit package for full time employment that includes health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance and a 401k pension plan. Vacation, sick and personal days with 11 paid holidays off are included in our PTO compensation package.
The Staff Nurse essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Processes patients from assessment to discharge in both medication assisted treatment and drug free treatment programming.
- Processes medical alerts using SAMMS software; documents all services performed in their appropriate service categories.
- Dispense all medication under procedures set forth by FGC, SUPR, CSAT and the DEA.
- Monitors the appropriateness of methadone and medication dosages.
- Monitors the physical & mental health well-being of patients and documents findings.
- Confers with the program physician on specific findings.
- Confers with counselor on cases as needed and completes caseload assignments.
- Completes initial nursing assessment documentation.
- Follows up on TB screening process.
- Follows up on medical referrals.
- Updates patient prescription records.
- Understands methadone accounting reports of dispensing and understands safekeeping procedures for methadone/other medications.
- Completes nursing notes and accurately processes physician orders.
- Participates in Utilization Review and Performance Improvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Schedule: Schedule varies by location.