Full-Time Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Midwest Immunology Clinic and Infusion Center seeking family Nurse Practitioner or PA to join our clinic. We are an independent clinic, specializing the evaluation, treatment and management of patients and families with Primary Immune Deficiencies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works autonomously as well as in collaboration with supervising physician.
- Performs age-appropriate history and physicals for acute and chronically ill primary immune deficient patients.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic tests.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacologic treatment modalities.
- Monitors effectiveness of plan of care.
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary team.
- Makes appropriate referrals.
- Provides high level patient and family education.
- Works with the triage nurse to answer patients needs via phone calls and patient portal.
- Completes all documentation which includes but not limited to office visit notes, phone notes, medication refills.
- Rotates supervision of the outpatient infusion center.
- Rotates being on-call.
- Identifies opportunities within the immune deficiency community for development of outreach opportunities.
- Other duties not yest assigned.
Doctorate or Master’s degree in nursing
Documentation of completion of accredited Advanced Practice Education Program
Three years general nursing experience if NP , infusion therapy a plus
Nurse Practitioner certification for American Nurses Credentialing Center ( ANCC ) and the American Association of Board of Nurse Practitioners
Graduate of a Certified Physician Assistant Progran
Licensure as a Registered Nurse by the Board of Nurse Examiners for State of Minnesota
Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, course of the American Heart Association
DEA to prescribe medication
Defined Benefits Package
Long Term Disability
Dental Insurance – Employee paid